About Corporate Renewal Solutions
Corporate Renewal Solutions is a black economic empowered management consulting firm based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Corporate Renewal Solutions in action
Read about Corporate Renewal Soluitions:
Benefits of using Corporate Renewal Solutions
- As a management consulting firm, Corporate Renewal Solutions has since 1999 specialised in corporate renewal, including business transformation, change management, turnaround and general management consulting.
- Experts at large-scale organisational change.
- CRS is gearing up to be major player in business rescue once Chapter 6 of the Companies Act No. 71 of 2008 has been implemented on 1 July 2010.
- As change management specialists, we enter a company with a fresh eye and complete objectivity taking a dispassionate view of internal politics.
- Based on our experience, and using tried and tested tools and methodologies, we are able to rapidly spot problems in troubled companies and create new solutions that may not be visible to company insiders or concerned onlookers.
- We provide the process, structure and framework for a business transformation or turnaround. We constantly renew our own approach by keeping abreast of new ideas by thought leaders and new developments in the field.
- We align and reach consensus with all stakeholders, including banks, investors, board, management, employees, customers and suppliers.
- As management consultants we have no political agenda or other obligation to bias the decision-making process, allowing us to take the sometimes unpopular, yet necessary decisive steps for survival.
- Yet, we facilitate change by managing stakeholders and involving the organisation in designing and implementing change, and take a compassionate view towards employees affected by restructuring, helping with outplacement programmes and fully consulting with labour unions.
- We project manage our assignments, allowing management to get on with the day-to-day job of managing the business.
- We have access to loan and/or private capital and have good relationships with the commercial banks which is useful when working when troubled companies.
The Corporate Renewal Solutions edge
Our competitive advantage is based on a unique blend of hard nosed line management experience and large-scale business transformation and turnaround consulting experience of our principal consultants.
- Firstly, many of our consultants have managed distressed companies as turnaround managers. Having worked at the rock face and being accountable to turn troubled companies around, they are uniquely positioned to see issues from the client's perspective.
- Secondly, many or our professionals have significant experience of large-scale business transformation and turnaround projects conducted by CRS and international consulting firms, where they designed and implemented change in project work streams within client steering structures and in joint teams with clients' employees.
This brought the leadership alignment, stakeholder management, change management, project management and joint team perspectives to our corporate renewal experience and approach.
What to look for in corporate renewal consulting firm
- Experience of, and expertise in:
- Determining short-term survivability and longer-term viability.
- Managing a business transformation in terms of leadership, stakeholder management and project management.
- Stabilising, funding and fixing the business.
- Application of the appropriate cutting-edge tools and methodologies during the respective natural stages of a business transformation or turnaround - viability assessment, emergency management, restructuring and recovery.
- Proven prepacks, toolkits and databases to onboard project team members and expedite execution.
- Track record of principals.
- Strong commercial skills and line management experience.
- Access to providers of loan and equity capital.
- A bias for decisive action.
- Ability to take charge and deliver rather than merely advising.
- Capability of forming project teams large and small.
- Network of appropriate experts and skills to commission as project resources.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to cope with uncertainty, handle high levels of stress and work under pressure.
- Willingness to stand by viability recommendations by working on a risk basis.
Our resources and networks
Our core turnaround and management consulting skills and competencies are supplemented by:
- Seamlessly drawing project team members from a wide network of pre-qualified associates and professionals.
- Interfacing with a wide network of professional services and financial institutions.
We contract in seasoned consultants in turnaround, sales & marketing, procurement, manufacturing, distribution, finance, HR and leadership development on a per project basis.
Alliances with leading international consulting firms
We have arrangements to draw, if necessary, on the consulting staff of international consulting firms to staff large projects, and for bringing specific skills to bear on client issues.
Experienced executives are available for interim management positions as CEO, MD or functional executives e.g. Financial, Marketing, Manufacturing and HR Directors.
We coach and monitor interim managers placed by us.
We have long-established ties with:
- Advisory services firms.
- Auditing firms.
- Forensic auditors.
- Legal firms.
Our network for purposes of raising equity and refinancing include:
- Private equity firms.
- Development fund institutions.
- Investment banks.
- Commercial banks.
Our business planning makes provision for pro bono work in deserving cases, where the interests of the turnaround industry will be promoted:
- We sponsor certain activities of TMA-SA.
- Jan van der Walt is a member of the business rescue Subcommittee of the King III Commission on Governance. He has through TMA-SA been an active participant in government consultations regarding the drafting of new business rescue legislation and regulations.